Chronic constipation can be hard to stop or elimination, since the colon have become weak. In most cases it will have to be retrained on how to have a bowel movement.
For those of you that have mild constipation, here is a morning smoothie that will help activate your colon. This smoothie is packed with nutrients that your body will use to regenerate your colon and body.
I have been making this smoothie for a few years. I make enough to drink right away and to put into my thermos to drink around 10am
When I make this drink I just start putting things in the blender without measuring. You can do the same and make adjustments as you go.
- One peeled banana
- 4-5 strawberries or other types of berries, or fruits
- One tablespoon of lecithin granules
- One-two teaspoons of flaxseed oil
- Half and half almond milk and apple juice
In a coffee grinder, grind up around a teaspoon or less of the following:
- Brown sesame seeds – are high in lecithin, vitamin C, E, and Calcium. They improve liver function and help in constipation.
- Sunflower seeds – are high in protein, Calcium, and iron. They are one of the best natural foods which feed the entire body.
- Flax seeds – are high in fiber and provide bulk for your stools.
- Almonds – use around 6-7 or more. They are high in Calcium, Phosphorus and have some B-vitamins. Only eat a few. They are high in calories.
After grinding the seeds, place them in the blender and blender everything for about 3-4 minutes. If you need a little sweetness, you can add a small amount of honey. I find this drink plenty sweet without any honey.
Sometimes I will add the powder of a few acidophilus capsules.
If I don’t add the almonds, I just put all the tiny seed into the blender without grinding them up. The blender will break them up.
This is a powerful smoothie to give you morning power and to activate your colon to get moving.